Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 8


When we first got married I remember listening to you tell me stories about working as a pharmaceutical rep and all the awards, trips and free stuff you won because you were so good at what you did.  I asked you if it would be hard not doing it anymore as you had decided to give it up so we could go into full time ministry together and your gracious answer was to say "That was my other life.  I am ready to start a new on."  This sacrifice was one I respected then and respect even more so today.

The joke I like to tell, and I think its funny because its true, is that you made more money in one year then I'll make in three.  The life we live is not the life you lived before and it is a testimony to your character that you have so graciously transitioned into a life that looks so different.  You went from being a gifted business woman to a mini-van driving "homemaker" who fits in her new role...sort of...I mean Mini-van...ouch...that is a sacrifice!  Randel the girls and I are thankful that you were willing to live out this life of sacrifice for we don't know what we would do without you.

Love, 

S

Your journal is by the front door

1 comment:

steve and randel hambrick said...

GREAT gift in the journal today:

a coupon from steve good for one free dusting of the house.

YES!!! i H A T E dusting. can i get you to do that tonight?? :)