Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 2

Day 2 has arrived and your birthday celebration continues.  Now, knowing how well you know me you probably have to have this thought deep inside you that sounds something like this, "How can Steve coordinate all of this without my help.  He can't even walk and chew gum at the same time very well...how can he do this?"  To that all I can say is, "I don't know!!  HELP!!"  

It is here that I want to begin my thoughts about today.  Encouragement is one of the greatest tools I realize I need to use to help you grow, however if honest I would have to say it is one the tools I utilize the least.  Day 2 will be simple and concise but hopefully rich and deep for you as you get a small snapshot of my appreciation for you as well as others around you.  

Above I joked about needing your help to coordinate this celebration, but the reality is this: one of the reasons God shared you with me is He knows I need a Randel to keep me from walking out the door with my zipper down, toothpaste on my upper lip and to help me match clothes so I am not a walking fashion faux pa.  Be encouraged today Randel!!  You are loved and appreciated.

Now it is time to find your journal...sorry everyone else...some things stay between Randel and me!!  You can find it on the couch on the front porch...enjoy reading in the cool morning air.  

S




6 comments:

Lindsay Blake said...

Since today is encouragement day here it is from me: As I watched you from afar during your time in Omaha one thing stood out to me - people are attracted to your personality. The joy you can bring to a room just with your smile was evident. And I know from those around me that you brought joy through your words. I pray that same joy is bestowed upon you not just in the next 38 days but that you can pass the joy of life on to your girls. Jesus, thanks for Randel. Thank you for the joy she brought to Omaha. I pray blessing on her in this next chapter in her life. May it be filled with pages of life lived to it's fullest potential and throughout each paragraph may your love overwhelm her. Amen. Happy Encouragement Day Randel.

Anne said...

Yes, Happy Encouragement day to you Randel! I too have been encouraged by your life, even from a far. I pray that the Father's love would overwhelm and encourage you today!

steve and randel hambrick said...

sweet! thanks yall!!!

Carla said...

Happy Encouragement Day Randel! Is it wrong that I am so encouraged by your love for one another that I told everyone that knows you to read this amazing blog. This is love!! The way the two of you live a life of realness and love truely impacts others for an eternity!

Anonymous said...

Happy Encouragement Day!! Randel, I know that God will honor your obedience to His call on your life! You are a source of encouragement for me as well. As I seek to live out my faith, you are often in the back of my mind, encouraging me!

dananderin said...

Awwww, my sweet friend Randel! This is the greatest. I love it!! You have been a source of encouragement, since before I really even knew you. You would always come in the accounting office, after the school of missions was done, sit down in Jodie's big and low to the ground, pink chair and talk about finances with her. I didn't know you all that well,BUT no matter what, the girl with the thick accent & sportin' some cute overalls, would ALWAYS stop and make time for me! You'd always take time for me & you still do. That speaks volumes to me of how much you care for your friends. I love you girl. Enjoy everyday!