Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 15

Over the past several years we have had the opportunity be a part of several weddings, coordinating and officiating.  We have done a lot of marriage counseling and watched excitedly as those whom we love have given themselves to each other, eyes wide open, full of hope for what lies ahead.

I have been amazed at how much I enjoy these ceremonies.  I have said that the presence of Jesus in wedding ceremonies feels much different then it does at other times.  I can sense His joy and excitement that a couple is fulfilling his call for them to leave home and become one with each other.  I sense His delight in the individuals and stand confidently in the hope that He is truly going to bless the couple so that they not only survive marriage but thrive in it.

Today is a day to remember the commitment we have made to each other and I just want to let you know that, by the grace of God, I am up to the task.  We will not live life surviving in our marriage.  We will thrive because nothing else is an option.  We will fight for this relationship until the day we die.  I would ask if you are in...but I don't have to.  I know you!!

Love, 

S

Your Journal is by the door

No comments: