Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 17


One of the signs of growth is the ability to learn from past experience.  When a child burns herself on the stove she remember from then on that a stove should not be touched because it is hot.  Or a husband learns to put the seat down on the toilet because he knows his wife doesn't like falling into it in the middle of the night.  So goes learning.

Well I would like to think that for the most part I am somewhat smart.  I wouldn't say brilliant or even very smart but I would like to think I am a little bit smart.  I would like to think that I learn from past experiences in hopes of becoming a better husband and father.  With all of this in mind let me say that my day of service to you last Saturday was one of those eye opening experiences as I literally watched you respond in excitement.  It was amazing to learn fully just how strong your love language is and how you respond when I serve you.  The sad thing is it took me this long figure it out.  I guess you could say I am a dunce.

So with that said, I am happy to say I am a little bit smarter as I now know how to speak your language.  I hate that it took me this long to understand but better late than never.   

Love, 

S

No comments: