Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day 13


Today is a day to think back and remember one of our traditions as a couple that I think is safe to say defined our relationship in dealing with conflict.  In fact it became such a natural part of our repertoire that we never evened had to think about it.  We just did it.  Do you remember our tool?  Of course you do...paper, rock, scissors!

I remember that you were unstoppable in this game of random luck for the first year of our marriage.  I could never figure it out.  You were just in my head and always got me psyched out whenever we went head to head.  Who knows how many calories I lost walking up and down stairs getting you something you wanted  because I got my butt wooped. 

But then one day I got the upper hand.  I don't know if you got cocky and lost your edge or I just figured out your scheme.  Either way doesn't matter.  I got the edge, the momentum and I never looked back.  But then you did what every kid does who is used to winning but starts losing...you stopped playing.  You didn't like when the losses began piling up and the stairs became your destiny.  Today is a day to remember this historical part of our relationship and to remember that I still have the upper hand and to say whenever you are ready to get back in the game just let me know and I am THERE!!  


Love, 

The PRS Champion


Your journal is by the front door.


3 comments:

steve and randel hambrick said...

i will admit that i have lost my edge on PSR, much to my disappointment.

we are silly competitive, and when we disagree on a fact we have always wagered massages (10 minute, 20 minute, 1 hour). we'd research the point and whoever was correct won!
steve figured out a long time ago (after being in debt at one point 4 hours of massaging) that i only bet a massage if i'm fairly confident that i'm correct.. no shooting off the hip on that wager! so after we settled up that debt, the betting slacked off a bit.

guess what he gave me today? a coupon for a 1 HOUR FULL BODY MASSAGE (from him of course!) wooohhoooo! ultimate booty!

julie and joe said...

wow, after playing several rounds of taboo with you guys, i never would have guessed you're competetive with each other...hehe..love ya, and miss our games!!

The Maddron's said...

Ultimate booty? What? Good for you girl.... I am so going to ask for one. Steve, you rock!