Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 18

Memory is a powerful thing.  Yesterday, as I was building our first fire of the season, I had a flashback to our first year of marriage and all the time we would spend in our living room, in front of the fire, drinking coffee and just enjoying life.  I remember the simplicity of life without kids just being together with nowhere to go and nothing to do and feeling content.

Life is a little different now wouldn't you say.  Our down times now consist of catching up on the work we couldn't get done while the kids were awake.  We are always excited to get to bed as it feels like the prize we earned for all our hard work during the day.  Those days of laid back, coffee sipping, fireplace watching bliss are long gone...at least for a little while.  So today we will celebrate the memories of a simpler time and cherish them as a gift.  

I love you and it is safe to say that I am glad my memories have you in them for I couldn't image sharing them with anyone else. 

Love, 

S


No comments: