Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 5


So much of our life is spent seeking out excitement and adventure or at least wishing we were seeking it out because the reality of life is the experience of the mundane.  I think about our life Randel and all of our dreams and aspirations and I realize we have done many of them but I am also aware of the nights we just sit at home and veg in front of the Television and go to bed without really even having a real conversation.  How pathetic huh?  But you know what...there is no one I would rather be pathetic with than you!

Today is a day of the mundane.   However, it comes with peace in knowing I am sharing it with a person I don't need to impress or make love me.  Today is for all the days we just sit and do nothing but enjoy them because we can do it together.  Thanks for the days of peace and comfort in the midst of the mundane.

Love, 

S


3 comments:

steve and randel hambrick said...

a letter written from steve in my journal, plus a beautiful letter from a dear friend in florida and a target gift card :)
love it!

A Southern Wedding Belle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Southern Wedding Belle said...

Steve - if there were still such a thing - you would win the "Leonard Sutton Husband of the Year" award for this wonderful birthday you have planned for Randel. Good job! She is one of my favorite people too. Happy Birthday Randel! I love you - Debbie