Friday, October 31, 2008

Day 24

So...this is one thing about you that I have grown to respect and appreciate about you.  When we first met you were leading a small group of freshman girls who loved and adored you.  Then as we moved into Terra Nova, you once again picked up college aged girls who looked up to you and wanted you to invest into their lives.

Then we took it up a notch when we moved to Florida and we gave our lives to our new family at Wesley.  During those five years it was amazing to watch as girl after girl would almost compete to be with you and have you invest into them.  I remember being glad you were meeting with specific girls because I had no idea how to help them...at all!!  But there you were investing into them and giving them very practical and spiritual advice.  

Randel you are amazing and the lives of the women you invested into are all the better for it.  I mean lets look at your schedule everyday...almost everyday there is somebody (other than Gina because we know she will call EVERYDAY!!) who is calling to catch up and get advice.  Randel you are a gift to everyone who knows you. 

At the same time I know how much you long for someone to pour into you as it has been a long, long time since you had someone who pursued you the way you have pursued your girls.  I hope sooner than later you find that because you have earned it!

I love you and appreciate your heart for the lives of the girls God has given you!!

Love, 

S

2 comments:

A Southern Wedding Belle said...

Hey Randel - I'm available. And I love you too!

L said...

This is so true! Randel is a wonderful mentor, and I know I still appreciate the wise words she spoke into my life years ago.