Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day 23

So what does this make you think of?  Does it make you think of good food, or your desire to cook or does it make you think of your husbands good intention but terrible follow through?  Do you remember?  Do you remember receiving "Cooking Light" for a Christmas gift a few years ago and then all the months spent waiting for it come only to find out I never actually ordered it?  I mean, I had good intentions....but I kept forgetting.  Does that sound familiar?

One of the things I have grown to appreciate about you is your sense of humor at my lack of consistent follow through.  This forgotten gift is a prime example as I remember how excited I was to get it for you because it was something I thought you would like and wouldn't even think about me getting for you.  I remember you opening the gift and having an authentic response of gratitude.  I remember at the time thinking to myself..."You better get that magazine ordered soon!!"  But it never happened.  Your response?  You just turned it into a joke and whenever you remember you get a pretty good jab in as you poke fun at my lack of follow through. 

Well Randel your gift today is pretty simple.  I have followed through.  Starting in about three weeks you will have your Christmas gift from years ago fulfilled and the jokes can now end...if you want them to;-)  Happy cooking and make sure I like the recipe before you cook it!!

Love, 

S

1 comment:

steve and randel hambrick said...

let's just say i'm not holding my breath.... :)