Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 11

I would love to sit here and say that serving you is the reason I get up in the morning.  I would also love to say that every time I do serve you that I do it with a pure heart of excitement, just glad to be able prefer you in all that I do.  However, as you know well, I am not a great servant.

But I know that the greatest expression of love, the one exhibited here in this picture of Jesus, is to humbly give myself to you as one who prefers you in all things, loving you by words and deeds.  Jesus told his friends that they needed to follow his example by lowering themselves to the role of a servant and love their friends, family and neighbors by doing the lowly and menial tasks out of love for the ones they were in relationship with.  

Today is a day where I would like to serve you.  In your journal is one thing I plan on doing but I know there are others.  Let me know.

Love, 

S

You journal is by the front door

3 comments:

steve and randel hambrick said...

whooohoooo!! as you can imagine, i have quite a list :)

i already had him drying and putting up dishes.. now he's putting up a shelving rack in the basement, and then i've got 2 things to hang on the walls.... hmmmm...
if he's not quick he just might miss the UGA game at noon :)

carolineb said...

Crrack that whip!

WhitneyB said...

Looks like we both had a GREAT day today!!