Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 20


One of the things that most people say about you is how strong, bold and unwavering you are.  They view you as this rock who has it all together and never struggles with much of anything, therefore people look up to you or just plain fear you....everyone lands somewhere because of the strong nature of your personality. 

But the pouty face is one most people don't get to see, and it is the pouty face that makes me smile when I think about it because it is reserved for the ones who know you best.  No one gets to be at our house when you have your vulnerable moments, where you are honest about your fears and struggles.  No one gets to see you when you have had a long day and all you want to do is curl up and sleep for days.  In reality no one gets to see the full you...except me and I love that.

In "Wild at Heart", John Eldridge talks about a mans desire to protect his love as one of the key longings in his heart.  The pouty face moments are the times when I get to do this and I am thankful that you let me.  I love protecting you.  I love fighting for you.  You are my damsel in distress and I will forever live to love and protect you.  

Love, 

S

1 comment:

Brown Eyed Girl said...

this was so sweet it got me tearing up

There's so much love in this blog

love you both!