Saturday, October 18, 2008

Day 12

One of the things I never thought about before I got married were all the things I would learn from my wife.  It wasn't one of those egotistical things where I didn't think I couldn't learn from her.  It's just that it never crossed my mind.  Then in stepped Randel.

Honestly the list of things I have learned have been unlimited, but the thing I think I have watched the most is how she communicates with friends wanting to know everything going on in their lives.  She really cares and wants to know things beyond the surface.  It is funny watching this play out with my friends, ones whom I have known for a while, as Randel meets them and within minutes has learned things about them I never knew.  

Ultimately Randel I have appreciated learning from you how to be a better friend as I have watched you invest into your friendships.  You are a good friend Randel, and your friends are blessed to know you.  And I am blessed to call you my best friend. 

Love, 

S

Your journal is by the front door.

3 comments:

steve and randel hambrick said...

steve put in my journal letters from three dear friends-- jacqueline, becky, and jill.

thanks y'all for your encouraging words- i love you dearly!!!

A Southern Wedding Belle said...

You are a dear friend. The kind who you're in sync with right away even after a long absence from each other. I really love you Randel. Steve is a blessed man. Enjoy your day - Debbie in the desert

julie and joe said...

thank you for being my friend...i don't know what i'd do without you! and Steve's words are so true, you always find out the details on everyone first, b/c you really care to know:):)