Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 34

Does this movie remind you of our trip yesterday?  A crazy adventure that is best summed up in the words of the Grateful Dead, "What a long strange trip its been."  But the beauty of it is I didn't mind as we were able to experience it together.  Now I know I should have listened to you, I should have asked the lady at the counter what was taking so long with the flight, but I didn't.  And out of it came a story.  A story that we will never forget.  A memory that no one can ever take away from us.  How cool is that?

Honestly, I love the idea of creating stories that we can tell.  I love the idea of things that we do together that somewhere later on in life we look back and laugh.  Was yesterday perfect?  It depends on how you look at it.  Did we miss our flight and have to spend a lot of money on a one way rental car and then drive an extra 2 hours and have to wake up early to return our car and wait at the airport until the car rental place opened all before the sun came up meaning we couldn't sleep in  and then run late to our first session of the conference and not eat breakfast.  Maybe.  But did that last sentence make you smile because of how funny it looks because we have just created a funny moment we can talk about and laugh.  Maybe.  For the me the story was worth it.  In fact I might call it priceless and I love priceless moments.  

So heres to our long strange trip...hoorah!!

Love, 

S

No comments: